Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Our financial situation requires that I get some more work and income.  A few months ago, Jeremy suggested that I really consider substitute teaching.  It is decent pay, requires few "qualifications," and most of all it is very flexible.  So this summer, I've been working on getting my substitute teaching license and applying at 2 local school districts.  

This week, I attended a great workshop at GCMS for substitute teachers.  24 of us were able to tour all 3 buildings, meet administration, get all the paperwork we need to apply, learn how to run technology, and talk about ALICE (emergency procedures).  It was really great.  I also got my packet for Ridgeview and am officially on the "ready to sub" list there.  

Also this week, I made this Zucchini Crisp with the giant zucchinis Dad sent back with us from his garden.  Caeden and Ryan could hardly believe there were no apples in it; it looks and tastes just like apple crisp.  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment