Wednesday, August 21, 2019

I was having a grouchy, overemotional, fighting spiritual warfare, need to get out of the house kind of day.  So, when Annah got up and around, I asked her if she wanted to go into town for a little bit just to get out of the house.  We got drive-through McDonald's and hit the Dollar Tree and Meijer for a few last-minute things for her to take to school, like a surge protector, Q-tips, mesh laundry bags, cleaning sprays, etcetera.  
When we got back in the car to go home, I just burst into tears.  I told her that I'm not afraid for her to go away to college, and that I hope she knows how proud I am of her.  I told her I wish I had said a million more times how much I love her and how great I think she is.  I asked her if she feels like she had a happy childhood, and she reassured me that she does.  I told her I'm so excited for her and what she will learn and what Jesus is going to do in and through her at Greenville.  We had a good little cry, and had to get home so I could teach my after-school lessons.  

I'm so, SO grateful for the extra-special and everyday moments I've been blessed to have my Annah.


No comments:

Post a Comment