Friday, May 17, 2019

Senior Prank and Graduation Rehearsal

Annah's class decided to do their "Senior Prank" early this morning before school.  They were all at school by 7:30 to set up tables and a potluck breakfast in honor of Mr. Campbell the principal in the high school hallway!  

I honestly think it's the sweetest "prank" I've ever heard of!  Yes, I'm sure it was a little annoying for the other high school students to get to and from class, and try to hear their teachers over the music playing in the hall, but they didn't skip school, deface any property, or play any kind of mean trick on anyone.  Mr. Campbell is retiring, and they really surprised him this morning!

After the breakfast, they had rehearsal for commencement. 
I went in afterwards to rehearse a little surprise with Annah.  (She is singing at the end of her valedictorian speech, and I get to accompany her!)  

Mr. Marchese and Mrs. McDowell were the only ones in the gym while we rehearsed, and even though they were both crying as Annah sang, Mr. M didn't waste the opportunity to tease Annah about "blending" her voice.  

We stopped by the music room for Annah to collect all of her things from the student assistant's desk.

Just a little reminder she has looked at daily...

More sweet than bitter, all these memories and moments.  So much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment