Thursday, September 27, 2018

Recovered

Last night, when we got home after all the festivities, I was very excited to send my photos and video from the camera to my phone so I could upload them to Google Photos and Facebook right away...and instead of selecting the WiFi controls I accidentally touched the option under that on the touchscreen menu--FORMAT! I formatted my memory card and deleted all of the photos on it!!!!!!!  (Why in the world those 2 things are next to one another on the menu, I'll never understand!?!?!  But I suppose that is beyond the point!)  NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
I quickly downloaded a memory card recovery software, and didn't sleep at all during the night while it ran and tried to find all of the items that have ever been on my memory card.  Obviously, it was able to recover the photos, but I'm still working on trying to get to the video.  
I felt so horrible at the thought of losing all the photos from the evening, and was very frustrated with myself. I AM SO GRATEFUL I was able to recover them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment