Directing the fall play has me a bit behind in blogging--and a lot of other parts of life! But, here are some random things I stopped to take a picture of this week...
I've seen several praying mantises this week--including this one on the napkin basket in our kitchen!
Our community came together on Wednesday evening to hold simultaneous prayer vigils in 4 villages for 9-year-old Daelin Tolan, who is in treatment for a brain tumor. The girls and I attended the vigil in Saybrook, grateful to be able to add our prayers for this sweet little girl and her family.
After a few years, the vocal jazz ensemble finally agreed on an official name--the Midnight Blues!
And, Annah designed the new t-shirts!
And, Annah designed the new t-shirts!
I made supper before going to rehearsal so the kids could put it in the oven and eat before I got home and the girls had to go to band rehearsal on Thursday.
I haven't been crocheting much in recent weeks with the extra activity of the play, so I joined a crochet-along to have goals with deadlines. I'm keeping up so far... It will be a cardigan when I finish. I still have about 6 unfinished summer projects though.
Our girls have recently been hit with the sad fact that sometimes people wrongly interpret humility as timidity or weakness. A high school boy literally yelled repeatedly at one of our girls this week during rehearsal on the marching band field that she is weak and should just admit it! Even though she was hurt by his words and attitude, she asked him to stop because it isn't true. Then, several other students literally stood by her side to show their respect to her.
The Lord brought these wise words to my attention to share with our daughter the day after that happened. Not a coincidence...
The Lord brought these wise words to my attention to share with our daughter the day after that happened. Not a coincidence...
It is supposed to be fall now, but this is the weather situation here...


No comments:
Post a Comment