Friday, September 29, 2017

Ending September

The play has just a few people in each scene, all of them appearing in pairs. So, not everyone is needed at every rehearsal.  Annah finally got to rehearse her first scene on Monday.  (We are rehearsing in a basement study hall room for now because the volleyball team uses the gym where the stage is and we don't want to bother them.)

I got an email from the band director this week, asking how much I would hate the idea of him sending home a cheap school drumset for Caeden.  I told him I am happy anytime my kids have an opportunity to learn, and we are a noisy family anyway, so...


He is the only percussionist in the junior high band, and they are working on a medley from Moana, so he needs to learn a little bit.






He's a little excited about it.

Wednesday evening, the colors of the sunset were so radiant they came into the kitchen through the back porch!  I walked out to the edge of the field and watched it for just a couple minutes, thanking the Lord that I get to live in such a beautiful place.

I snapped a few pictures with my phone.  These are completely unedited...








Thursday after school, the play cast and crew put up the flats!  I have no experience with this type of thing, so Mr. W, who used to direct the play, graciously offered to lead the effort.






Sylvia got in on the hammering! 



The kids have carried on a tradition that started with Mr. W--at the end of every rehearsal or meeting, they put their hands in and choose something to yell on 3.

I do love theatre people.

After putting up the flats, we drove to town to meet Jeremy for supper at Moe's for the youth group fundraiser.  I rarely turn down an opportunity for Mexican food.

I have all the motifs made for the CAL cardigan, and half of them blocked.

We need to paint the flats, but I love the story they tell...
the history of other shows and actors and friends.



Friday rehearsal

Thoroughly enjoying a chill Friday night at home playing Minecraft on XBox...




No comments:

Post a Comment