Saturday, September 9, 2017

Homecoming Dance

Our lovely girls went to the homecoming dance tonight.  It was a fun afternoon of getting them ready and beautified at our house.

I got the privilege of doing their hair.  They have such beautiful long locks, and I had such fun giving them the styles they wanted.




Before loosening those curls...boing!

Caeden tried to stay out of the way, watching football.

All done and just how she asked for it...



When we bought the girls' jewelry, Annah got a free set of nails, and they look really nice!

Sylvia did her own nails last night, and I think they look so cool!

While Annah put her nails on, we started pictures with Sylvia and Jillian.

Jillian actually was Annah's "date" to homecoming, but we're all friends!






















































Jeremy took Annah and Jillian into Bloomington and chauffeured them to McGraw Park for photos, Avanti's for dinner with friends, Orange Leaf for frozen yogurt for dessert, then out to the school for the dance.  

About 5pm, Sylvia's friend Lexie arrived at our house to start getting ready after her all-day volleyball tournament!  Sylvia worked quickly to do her make up.

Meanwhile, Annah and Jillian were having pictures taken at the park.






The group:
Jalen, RJ, Shelby, Jillian, Annah, Alexis, Keegan, Chloe

They combined with other Ridgeview friends who had met at the park for photos too.  I think this was the group that originally planned to go to dinner together, but it got too big.









Todd and Kim met the girls and Jeremy at the park for pictures too!

We are so thankful for this beautiful friendship!

Back at our house, Sylvia had moved on to speed styling Lexie's hair...

This guy...still trying to keep out of the way...playing Xbox.


We had originally planned to meet at the Arrowsmith park at 5:30 for pictures, but we finally made it by 6:15.  

Another friendship we are thankful for...



The boys gave the girls wrist corsages and told them funny stories about how they nearly injured themselves on the playground while waiting for them to arrive!



A great group of freshman friends!

We had the golden hour of light, but needed to move out of the direct path of the sun...

That's better!
Cameron, Lexie, Sylvia, Kyle





Such good buddies.





We were ready to leave, when they decided we needed pictures on the playground too.  I think the boys just wanted to play some more.

Authentic.

Realistic.












Sylvia's friends came back to our house for dinner.  While I cooked, they joined Caeden for a few rounds of Mario Kart.  





I made waffles...

and sausage links...

and fruit--which no one but Sylvia touched.





They even had a few minutes for more Mario Kart after they were done eating.  I really appreciated how these kids included Caeden.  A great group of kids.

Sylvia wanted a picture with Caeden before heading out.

Everybody covered their nice clothes so they weren't covered in syrup for the dance,
so they had to touch up.

I drove the group to the dance, and promised Cameron's mom I would embarrass them because she wanted a picture of them at the school.



Jeremy picked up Annah, Sylvia, Jillian, and Cameron from the dance and brought the girls back home.  They all said they had fun and danced the whole night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment