Monday, March 20, 2017

Treasures of this life

The Lord blessed me with a few minutes with two of my lifetime best friends today.  Marci's stepdad, Wil, passed away this past week, and Mom and I were able to attend his burial service. Although I had not known Wil personally, it was so touching and inspiring to hear Marci speak about the ways he had been such a wonderful part of her life. We were all glad to share the time celebrating Wil's life, share hugs and prayers with Carol and her family, and see many of our 'Busco Naz' family there to support this family we love so much. Amy, Marci and I discussed the fact that we feel too young to only be having reunions at funerals, as the last time I saw Amy was at her dad's visitation this past Thanksgiving.  Life is definitely bittersweet.  I'm so thankful to be blessed with these two darling friends. They are some of the greatest treasures of my life! 

This afternoon, Mom and Sylvia went to JoAnn Fabric and picked a pattern and materials to make an Easter dress for Sylvia.  They set up a table in the basement this evening and started cutting it out.

 Sylvia loves to sew--especially with her Gram!

No comments:

Post a Comment