Saturday, March 4, 2017

HS solo/ensemble contest

We participated in HS solo/ensemble contest today!

First up for Ridgeview was a brass ensemble.  They received a I rating!

Annah played in a clarinet quintet.

They also received a I rating!

Allison did a lovely job on an Italian piece she had worked up.  She has been working most Saturday mornings recently, and we didn't get to have lessons to work up a new song together for contest.  It was nice to be able to watch and listen to her performance, though I did tear up a bit during it.  It's really been such an honor to watch her grow up musically and personally the past several years.

We were able to watch our friend Emma (from church) perform in a string quartet.

Annah sang The Lass With the Delicate Air.


VIDEO:

She received a I rating as well.

I didn't get any pictures of Kasey, who sang When I Have Sung My Songs, or Addie, who sang Disneyland,  since I was accompanying both of them.  They have both been my students for a long time too, and I am going to miss making music with them more than I can express.  I'm grateful for one last solo/ensemble contest with them!

It was a very long day, with our 6 performances spread across 6 hours with a lot of waiting in between.  Sylvia went along for the day, and she and I caught some performances in a clarinet room and a string room, most of which we kind of wished we hadn't heard.  It did do a lot to encourage her about her own musical abilities though, so that was really good.

I do enjoy this day each year, and love the crew we get to spend time with.  I'm very proud of all of them for their great performances and positive way they represented our community today!

No comments:

Post a Comment