I was just really thankful for this moment...Caeden and his buddies hanging out at church before the service started this morning.
After church, Jeremy took us all to lunch at Moe's--the kids choice, mmm! Then I dropped Sylvia off for a special rehearsal at the ISU CPA. The Sinfonia ensemble has been working on a unique piece by a living composer, who came to work with them on his piece during rehearsal today!
I took Annah to her violin lesson while Sylvia was at rehearsal, then picked everyone up and took them to youth group. Jeremy picked up Annah and Caeden from youth group and took them home, while I took Sylvia back to the CPA for the concert.
My beautiful girl, ready to make music...
I suppose we look a little alike...
While most of the kids in Sinfonia didn't enjoy the piece (or even working with the composer, really), it was a good learning opportunity for them.
They performed it this evening on the first concert of the Illinois State University Red Note New Music Festival.

No comments:
Post a Comment