Saturday, December 12, 2015

My Reality

I walked into Jeremy's and my bedroom tonight and thought how fortunate I am that he is so incredibly tolerant of the fact that I am a complete slob.  My mother tried to teach and warn me while I was growing up in her house.  My college friends were shocked and appalled.   And yet, I have not changed my ways.

I am not a neat and tidy person.  I gave up the struggle to make my home appear neat and tidy about a decade ago.  And I won't even delve into the issue of cleanliness.  

I admit, I am appalled at myself. When I walked into the room and saw this...EIGHT baskets of laundry in various states (all clean except one, actually), bed unmade (as usual), thick dust covering all surfaces...all I could think was how really fortunate I am that my husband rarely ever says a word about the constant state of disarray in our home.  

I feel like I am a failure, because I am a stay-at-home mom!  What else could I possibly have to do besides laundry, cooking, and keeping my home clean?!  Or at the very least, I should have those basics under control!  RIGHT?!  Nope.  I don't.  Not even close.  Ever.  And tonight, I am reminded to be thankful that my husband doesn't put the same sense of failure on me as I do myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment