It was about 2am this morning when I finally got to bed. I got up around 7am or so, and saw this...
"I've been waiting an hour and a half already!" Sorry, Buddy, try to get some more rest and let everyone else sleep some more.
I went downstairs and turned on all the Christmas lights.
I turned the oven up to 325 to get the 19 pound smoked ham Jeremy's dad gave us [that had been defrosting at 175 since 1:30am] good and cooked. I puttered around and did some other things, and Caeden came downstairs after a while. Finally everyone else did too. We didn't hurry things though. I think it was around 10am when we assembled in the living room to hear Jeremy read the Christmas story in Luke 2.
Per tradition, stockings are first at our house...
The first gift was for the kids--a reminder to be thankful, and also a bit of a joke based on this Vine they are always quoting.
This year the "biggest and best" presents the kids received were to/from each other. They put a lot of thought and heart into them, and were so excited to watch each other open them.
We enjoyed that amazing ham (and will for at least 6 more meals), along with cheddar garlic sour cream smashed potatoes, fresh green beans, Beef House rolls and strawberry jam, and wassail.
We enjoyed the afternoon and evening together relaxing in our living room near the Christmas tree.
We watched several movies, all of which were presents opened today.
We Skyped with Krampa and Gram in Arizona in the evening.
It was a quiet, sweet day together, and we were so happy for it.
A merry, merry, Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment