Friday, July 10, 2015


The swim team practiced this morning--the first time they've been in the pool since Monday.  

It was still pretty cold, and they were all shivering and had blue lips.  But they were glad to be in the pool!

My iPhone 6 Plus konked out on Wednesday.  The Touch ID had stopped working about 6 weeks ago, which I guess should have been a sign that something was going wrong.  I was trying to get the newest iOS update this week, but kept getting error messages.  I successfully updated the iMac, the iPad, Sylvia's iPod, and even my old iPhone.  After about a 2-hour chat conversation with apple on Wednesday night, it was determined that it was a hardware problem that needs repaired.  They shipped me an empty box with instructions, which I both received and returned with my phone in it today.  A new phone should be shipped to me free of charge in 5-8 business days. 

Last week, the kids and I were talking about preparing for the school year, and Sylvia showed me something in her planner from last year.  Apparently I hadn't seen inside her planner before, because I had no idea she used it like this.  I thought it was pretty awesome to see that she uses her highlighters to color code assignments for each class!  She started it at the beginning of the school year and continued it all the way through to the end of the school year.  

She said some kids made fun of her when they saw her get her highlighters out, but she loves to be organized.  

 So now we're working on getting planners together for this fall!  Annah chose this one, and Sylvia is going to try it out too.  Only 5 weeks until school starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment