I love Christmas music, holiday music, festive music...all of it! I know there's that annoying argument about "There should be no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving!" Blah, blah, blah. Personally, I think we should celebrate Jesus with music all year long, so I don't know why this is such an issue for some people. Anyway, as a musician, I am used (and LOVE) starting to work on Christmas music as early as August.
Annah and Caeden and I played festive music at the Holiday Open House shopping event at the Catholic church in Colfax for a couple hours this morning. Sylvia had been up much of the night not feeling well and had a fever, so she stayed home. We were all really sad about that.
But, Annah, Caeden and I all really enjoyed the event.
Caeden played very well. He tried to pretend he was nervous and added some unnecessary drama to the day, but overall he did really well and I am proud of him!
Annah did a fabulous job. She stood the entire time and was prepared to play every time Caeden or I finished a song. Everything she played was gorgeous, and people were really impressed with her. I saw them stop and stare from all over the room, smiling and enjoying her music.
Our favorite music store donated the use of a Yamaha Arius digital piano for the day, and I enjoyed playing all my favorite Christmas piano music.
We are feeling festive now!


No comments:
Post a Comment