Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Parent/Teacher Conferences

**DISCLAIMER!** (This is one of those posts that I'm recording for our own future reference. Please don't take it as bragging, or that I think my kids are better than others. I just want to record this all while I remember it, so I can look back on it later.**

This evening we met with Annah's teacher for a conference. She showed us assessment tests Annah had taken at the beginning of school and had done very well on. She told us:
  • Annah knows the answer when she is called on, but doesn't really raise her hand to volunteer an answer.
  • She asks Annah to read [out loud in class] when there is an important paragraph with big words that she wants read clearly so that everyone will understand it.
  • Annah pays close attention in class, and always listens--even when other kids are talking.
  • Annah doesn't ask questions when she is confused about something.
  • Annah is honest, even when her classmates tempt her to lie.
  • Annah is doing great in 1st grade.
We had a really nice discussion with her teacher, and feel good about how Annah is doing, and how things are going for her at school.

Annah wanted us all to see her locker. Then Daddy asked her if she could still fit inside, so she showed us.

1 comment:

Travis said...

I can't believe how much she is growing up! I love all the kids more and more everytime I see or read about them!

Miss you so much and can't wait until Thanksgiving!
Love,
Auntie E

Post a Comment