Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Special Blanket



I had the honor and pleasure of being part of a very special answer to prayer!
A wonderful friend's son has a special blanket which was given to him when he was born. It was one of those very important blankets that went everywhere with him and was loved even after it literally fell apart. He had only a small part of it left and had been praying for months, along with his grandpa, that his blanket would "become big again."
His grandpa wanted to help the prayer to be answered with a new blanket, so my friend asked if I would make one for her son. She gave me a small piece of the border of the old blanket, and I chose yarn and figured out the pattern as close to it as I could.
I finished it last night and took it to their house today. The grandparents are visiting and have talked with the boy about how God has heard his prayer and will answer it.
I am just honored to be part of this process, and can't wait to hear what he thinks of his new blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment