Friday, October 19, 2007

BHG scrapbooks etc. magazine

I received my nov/dec issue of BHG scrapbooks etc. magazine in the mail today and was reading through it. When I got to page 14 I noticed the 'we ask you' section had responses to the question, "How do you get friends and family involved in scrapbooking?" I remembered responding by e-mail to a question like that a few months ago. And, sure enough, as I read the responses, there was my own on page 15, with my name and location printed right underneath!

Now, I realized I am not a published author or anything even remotely close to that, but I am super excited! The scrapbooking industry is a very competitive one if you really try to get into it (which I do not), and I doubt I would ever be brave enough to submit a layout or creation to be considered for publication. I am not an artist, and I realize my pages are not competitive material. I am totally fine with that, by the way. ;) I just feel honored to have a bit o' scrappy advice printed in one of the top scrappy mags!

Just a bit of excitement for me today! So happy and had to share! :)

Oh, they paraphrased my answer, because I wrote about more than just this, but here is what they printed as my response to the question:

"I have my parents write the journaling for pages about my kids. It is as though they are telling the story of an event to my children. For example, my mom wrote about a tea party they had. And my dad wrote about all the fun he had taking my daughter on her first fishing trip! Even though my parents have no desire to create a scrapbook layout, they were happy to write about the fun times they had so the kids would always be able to look back and see how special those moments were to their grandparents."

1 comment:

Tanya said...

How cool!!! Congratulations!! :)

Post a Comment