Friday, December 27, 2002

Cooper



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven."
- 
Henry Ward Beecher
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


     A lot of my thoughts and prayers today are about my cousin's baby--Cooper.  The surgery was thought to be a successful one, but while still waiting for the pathology report to come back they were called to the hospital in the middle of the night on Christmas.  It seems Cooper's stomach was bleeding, and he was rushed into emergency surgery only to find that the stomach was dead.  It and his spleen were removed, and he is now on life support.  The family members are all making their way from various states to meet baby Cooper, and I'm sure Debby and Rusty are struggling with the pain of making a very difficult decision...

     Things like this bring so many questions and fears to mind.   I don't understand why a baby (and his parents) should have to go through all that this one has been through in just over one week of life outside the womb.  I pray that God will somehow show them blessings through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment