Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father's Day Weekend

Around this place, we sure do love Dad! We were forbidden to buy him anything for Father's Day, so we just enjoyed time with him this weekend.  (We did get him some cards and some candy.)

Sylvia enjoys chatting with her dad while he grills.  She also enjoys making goofy faces when I try to take her picture--much like her dad often does.


 Jeremy grilled some smoked pork ribs, chili brats, and burgers yesterday.

Our friend Scott posted this picture of a restored Blazer on his Facebook yesterday, and I immediately recognized it as the kind of Blazer we used to have on the farm when I was kid.  It made me think of fishing with my dad.  Our Blazer had an 8-track player, and we would put the windows down and listen to music while we were fishing!  I must have been pretty little, but it's a good memory.


 This morning our friends Sierra and Savanna were at church!  They are here for a week or so to stay with their Grandma while their dad goes to Nazarene General Assembly in Indianapolis.  We've really missed them a lot since they moved to Texas, and were so happy to see them!


 After church, we went out to lunch at Monical's with the Mann family to celebrate the dads! We all love watching the kids interact.  Even though there's a decent age difference, they all love each other a lot.  Eryn and Meagan are such sweethearts!

And we always love spending time with Kevin and Regina!  

How thankful we are for Jeremy--this day and every day.  He is a great father, and we are so blessed to have him leading our family. 
I am also incredibly thankful for my dad.  He is a wonderful father, and now grandfather. 
I'm thankful for my father-in-law as well.  He grew up without his dad, and he showed Jeremy many ways to be a good dad. 

I am most thankful for our heavenly Father and His guidance in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment