Well, it seems we are trying to get summer off to it's "official" start...sleeping in, playing Wii, reading, swimming, etcetera. And, always some fun randomness...
I had my Friday 1-on-1 meeting with Pastor Todd this morning, and left the kids at home to do some chores. Sylvia was in charge of laundry. One of the inner bags from a suitcase had gotten in the laundry, and she sent me this picture in a text, saying, "What is this and what do I do with it?!" Silly girl!
On the last day of school, there was an elementary Honors Assembly, but I received no notification of it, even though I checked the school website, calendar, Facebook and everywhere I could think to look. Caeden received a certificate for earning all A's this semester. I saw the picture in the newspaper today.
The school doesn't have honors assemblies during junior high, since they have 8th grade promotion. But, Sylvia should receive some kind of award for her grades this 4th quarter!
Today, our friend Ashley came to visit us! She and her brother are staying with their grandma this summer, and we get her for a few days. Her brother Jacob drove her to our house. They used to live 3 houses up the street from us, and were our first friends when we moved to Arrowsmith. But now they live in Arizona, so we are incredibly excited to see them!
The kids decorated the sidewalk to welcome her.
We decided to go in to the pool this evening, in case we don't get another chance while Ashley is here with us. I had to take a picture of the girls there. They used to go to day camp together there when they were little, and we just have lots of memories together at the park.
The fountain often has a pretty little rainbow by it...
The pool was not to busy. It had been pretty warm and humid today, but we got here in the evening and it started to get cool quickly. I didn't even get in the water and I was sitting with a towel wrapped around me to keep warm!
The girls spent most of their time in the lazy river, and kind of excluded Caeden. He did some swimming around and handstands by himself, but didn't want to stay in by himself.
He got out and pouted.
I did feel a bit sorry for him, being the only boy.
After a while, the girls realized they were chilly too, and really hungry. We all got dressed and went to pick up some pizza and take it home.







No comments:
Post a Comment