Friday, June 26, 2015

A visit with the W's!

We got to see our friends Cora and Josh and their girls Ella and Lea today!!!  In fact, it was the first time we had seen them in 11 years!  And Ella and Lea are only 9, so we had never met them in-person until today!  And, Caeden is 10, so they had not met him either.  

Cora and Josh are friends of ours from our days at Capital.  Cora and I first met in music theory class and lived through 4 years of studying music together.  We were roommates our junior year, and were in each other's weddings.  I could name a hundred other special times and memories we share, but the gist of it is that Cora and Josh are very important friends in our lives.  As I told them today, they showed me what it meant to be a friend through some of the ickiest things I've gone through.  They are wise and caring.  I wish we lived closer, but Cora frequently sends "smiles across the miles" and we try to stay in close contact via Facebook.

Today, they are on their way back to Ohio after vacationing in Chicago the last few days, and were so thoughtful to stop and spend a night in Normal so we could spend a little bit of time together.  

It was raining a lot this morning, so we just visited at their hotel and the kids  swam together. Well, Annah was feeling a little icky and had a sore arm after getting a meningitis shot yesterday, so she didn't swim this time.  But the other four "got along swimmingly!"  ;)









Last night after Caeden's swim meet, when I told his coaches that he would miss practice this morning, he asked why he had to miss practice to see people he didn't even know.  I told him they were important friends in our lives. Today, when it was time to leave, he said he already loved them and didn't want them to leave!


Jeremy was able to come by for a few minutes on his way out of town for the Fischer Golf Outing.  The rest of us went to Moe's for lunch.

It was so awesome to get to spend a few hours together today.  It really is hard to have to live far from wonderful friends, though days like this are a great blessing and a reminder that our hearts can remain connected even across miles and years.

Love you, Cora and Josh, and Ella and Lea!



No comments:

Post a Comment