For months, maybe even a year, we have regularly heard an odd chirping sound coming from our basement. We've suspected some kind of frog, but haven't ever been able to find it. I haven't heard the sound for probably a month or so, but this morning when I was putting towels in the washer I found this toad next to them. I think, because our basement is actually dry (Praise the Lord!!!) for once, it was looking for moisture. With my heart racing (I'm not afraid of toads, but don't really expect to find them in my laundry!), I got 2 plastic cups and scooted it into one and took it outside. Caeden went to see it and decided it needed a some water. He dumped 2 cups full on it, and it hopped away into the rocks.
Our Japanese cherry tree is starting to bloom, so I briefly annoyed the kids and made them stand for a picture with it on their way out to the bus.
And, our the tulips and grape hyacinths in our front planter are looking especially lovely today, so I snapped a few pictures with my phone as I went out the door.
Welcome, Spring!





No comments:
Post a Comment