Sylvia had a track meet at Heyworth tonight. I couldn't go, because I had to get Annah to Sinfonia rehearsal. We took Sylvia's cello along and I stayed in the car at Cook Hall in case Sylvia's track meet finished quickly and Jeremy could bring her, but that didn't happen.
First off, Sylvia started to be bothered by allergies or a cold yesterday afternoon. Last week she got shin splints, which are getting more and more painful for her every day. And, today it is 50 degrees and wet and super windy outside. I was honestly hoping, for Sylvia's sake, that the meet would be canceled. It wasn't. Jeremy was there, watching Sylvia, cheering her on, and texting me updates.
After her mile, her shins were killing her. Don't know what her time was; I was just thankful she finished. She ran the 400m again today, and ran hard. She finished 3rd in her heat!! I think she is really starting to like this race.
Dawn was at the finish and got this video clip as she cheered Sylvia on:
Sylvia said all of the kids on the team have colds/allergies bothering them right now, and Jeremy said Sylvia's 4x400 relay team got destroyed by the competition tonight. Again, I'm thankful that they were able to run and finish. I think they learn a lot about determination and endurance when they can compete under less than ideal circumstances. Sylvia also competed in discus again tonight. I'm so thankful God gave her the strength to get through it all. I'm also glad Jeremy could be there with her. She checked in with him after every event, and I know he was a great comfort to her. When he called me as they were leaving the meet, I asked Sylvia how she was doing, and she said, "Great!" Then I asked her how she felt, and she said, "Terrible!" I am pretty proud of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment