February has arrived with a silent snowstorm in the night. Pastor Todd called me at 5am this morning to help get the communication out that our church services were canceled. I called the radio station and updated the website. By the time I got that done, Jeremy and I were awake and decided to watch The Conspirator. It was very interesting.
The kids woke up around 8am, and Jeremy baked orange cinnamon rolls for them. Then he went out to start shoveling snow. After he'd been out for a while, the kids decided to bundle up and go out to play in the snow.
It was about 33 degrees and the snow was still falling, but it wasn't windy. Just right for playing outside in the snow!
It had rained all evening yesterday before it changed into snow. The snow is very heavy, and we can hear the tree branches creaking and breaking under weight. It looks pretty though.
The kids each built their own little snowman.
I enjoyed look at other people's snow fun photos on Facebook all day! My Uncle Earl built this handyman snowman in his yard, and I thought it was really cute!
I charged up my old iPhone and sent it outside with Sylvia. She took some pretty good pictures and videos of their fun in the snow.
Here is Sylvia's tiny snowman. (I think hers was the only one whose face stayed on.)
Caeden checking out the trees...See, some branches have broken off!
And, she would not be a real tween girl in 2015 if she didn't get a good snow selfie in her batch of pictures...At least she let her brother in too.
We can usually see at least 5 miles straight west standing in our backyard. Not today!
Jeremy shoveled our whole driveway. He couldn't get the snowblower to start, and the snow was probably too deep and heavy for it anyway.
Google+ auto awesome did this (below) to the above photo Sylvia took.
Jeremy and the kids sat down in the snow and had a close-range snowball fight!
I kept popping out on the front porch to take pictures of them, but I was still in my pjs and bathrobe. Jeremy started throwing snow at me, so I finally gave in and put on some styling coveralls and went out too.
I'm so glad she still loves to play outside!
Caeden thought he should sit on Annah's lap on the big pile of snow.
Jeremy, Tommy, and Geoff cleared a lot of snow. And, we may have had a snowball fight across the street too. ;) We have cool neighbors.
The kids each made a snow "throne" at 3 corners of the driveway.
Annah also made an arsenal of snowballs to defend her throne.
It wasn't our typical Sunday morning, but it was a great way to connect with our neighbors, help others, and enjoy the beauty of God's creation! This day is a gift, and we enjoyed it!
































No comments:
Post a Comment