Saturday, May 3, 2014

Ladies Luncheon Program

This afternoon, the Lord blessed me with an opportunity I've desired for a long time.  I was asked to provide a small program following a Ladies' Luncheon at the church here in our village, and I loved every moment of it.

As I reflect on it the preparation process and presentation, I realize how amazingly God works all things for good for those who love Him...

Had I been asked to do this several years ago, I'm sure I would have been more about me...I would have chosen songs that were vocally "showy," since I was asked to provide entertainment.  However, I really wanted the program to be led by the Lord.  So I prayed about it and played through songs to create the program, and God guided me to 7 songs.  My God always shows up in the details...Most of the songs were in the same key, and the couple that weren't were directly related keys, so it was easy to transition smoothly from one to another.  (The musician part of me gets a big kick out of the way the Lord works even in those details.)  The funny thing is that most of them were in the key of D, which is the worst key for my voice!  But, the Lord is good at keeping me humble, and I thank Him for that!

The Lord also led me to speak about some things He has been helping me learn to do better over the years--being still, resting in Him, and not worrying.  (I'm definitely still learning, but Jesus has taught me some really helpful and useful things about these topics. So I was happy to share, even though I haven't "arrived."

I shared with the ladies that I just wanted them to enjoy some time resting and being still in the Lord's presence.  If they wanted to stand up and worship, sing along, close their eyes and pray, spend time reading God's word, completely ignore me, fall asleep, whatever they needed in that moment to draw nearer to the Lord was totally fine with me.

The ladies seemed to enjoy their time with us, but even more their time with the Lord.  Several had sweet things to say afterwards, and I was asked to return to do the program again next year.  Probably the thing that touched my heart the most was my next door neighbor, who came across the sanctuary to me with tears in her eyes, saying that it was such an uplifting time and just what she needed today.  She shared that she is waiting on some test results about some serious health problems she is dealing with, and said that she was reminded that God is her strength, she will hope in Him and He will walk through it with her.  Glory to God!

There were no photos or recordings taken today, but here's little taste of what I was led to share.

What a Friend We Have In Jesus  

"Be still and know that I am God." - Psalm 46:10 -
"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him." - Psalm 37:7
Be still and Know

Be Still My Soul

I accompanied the girls as they sang My Heart Your Home.

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." -  Psalm 16:11

Annah and Sylvia played a beautiful combination of I Need Thee Every Hour and Abide With Me on their violins.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6, 7

He's Always Been Faithful 

It Is Well With My Soul


No comments:

Post a Comment