Tonight's concert was a great success, and the girls and I had so much fun performing!
The 4th graders started the concert out very well playing their recorders.
Sylvia played the big bass drum (back left) with other 5th graders for their marching percussion cadences.
If you look closely, you can see her peeking out from behind the drum with this group. She said one girl who was supposed to play in this group wasn't able to come to the concert, so the other kids asked her to step in and play with them when it was their turn.
5th grade marching percussion
Our girl and her horn
It's always fun to hear the bands' progress at each concert.
5th grade band - Aura Lee
5th grade band - Frere Jacques
I always have fun accompanying the 6th grade choir! Tonight, they sang Hakuna Matata, and then for their last 3 songs we had a combo of me, Mr. M. on electric bass, and Mr. R. on drums for 3 Little Birds, Stray Cat Strut, and Happy. This choir has progressed a lot this year, and they did well entertaining the audience tonight!

Annah caught her daddy snapping her picture while the Jr. High choir was getting ready to sing...
This girl sings her heart out!
Annah had a solo at the beginning of this beautiful song. Yep, we are super proud of her!
Jr. High Choir - Coming Home
Junior high choir also sang, Walkin' On Sunshine, Get On Board! (which was pretty neat for me, because I remember singing it in junior high choir too!), and Demons.
The junior high band knocked everyone's socks off tonight. They are honestly one of the best junior high bands I've ever heard. They started their program with Mt. Healthy March, then paid tribute to civil service family members with this piece...
Jr. High Band - Each Time You Tell Their Story
Annah is very serious when she plays her clarinet.
I've enjoyed hearing Annah practice this piece at home this semester.
Jr. High Band - Baby Elephant Walk
I should have recorded the last piece they played (Abracadabra), because it was fantastic!
Our music teachers are doing such a great job teaching our kids music and inspiring them to love it too. We are SO grateful to have them at Ridgeview!!
It's just icing on the cake for me to get to be a tiny part, and I love performing with my kiddos!














No comments:
Post a Comment