Annah's Scholastic Bowl Team had a home meet this afternoon! After some schedule rearranging, Caeden, Sylvia, and I were able to go. It was the first meet I've been able to attend, and I thought it was pretty cool!
At the beginning of the meet, the team captains introduce themselves and have their teammates introduce themselves so the scorekeeper can check their buzzer/light.
(It was kind of neat that we knew all the kids on the opposing Gibson City team, because we've done ACT shows with them.)
When a question is asked, it is open to anyone to "buzz in" and answer. If the question is answered correctly, the team then has first option to answer a 4-part bonus question. If any parts of the bonus question are unanswered or incorrect the opposing team may then try to answer those.
This meet came down to a tie-breaking question, and Ridgeview lost in the end. It was fun to get to watch Annah compete with her team, and to see how a Scholastic Bowl meet works. Proud of our girl!



No comments:
Post a Comment