It's Sylvia's 11th birthday today!
It has been a crazy-busy week. The kids all have ISAT testing and lots of extra evening activities. We are trying to balance it all.
Tonight Sylvia's volleyball team played two games at TriValley. I canceled two lessons so I could go, since it's her birthday. I'm glad I did. They played two hours of volleyball! They were much better matched with these teams, and the second match of their second game was very close.
One girl was having a great serving streak, and the coaches took her out after several serves that brought the game to a tie. After the opposing team finished their turn, one of the (high school girl) coaches made the strange decision (we still aren't sure if it was illegal or not) to put that girl back in as server. The other coach called us on it, of course. The parents were kind of looking around, embarrassed, wondering why the coaches had even tried that. The other team's coach was gracious and allowed the game to finish with another server, and our girls won the match. So they played and won a third match. It was very exciting for them.
Sylvia played well.
)



No comments:
Post a Comment