Today was a very full and blessed day, and I loved every moment of it!!
This morning, I got up early to make White Pizza Dip (times 4) for the church Christmas Open House. I'd made 2 batches of Chocolate Dipped Macaroons and 3 batches of Mom's Dusty Millers over the past couple days. (Notes about those--The White Pizza Dip was excellent, and I loved all the fresh ingredients!! I discovered the key to melting chocolate chips for dipping the macaroons--If you want it to set up once they're dipped, you should microwave them, not melt them on the stovetop. And, the Dusty Millers are about the easiest gingerbread cookie around...love 'em!)
Here is Mom's recipe for Dusty Millers:
1/3 cup molasses
1/2 c. butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. ginger
1 egg
1 tsp. soda
2 1/4 c. flour
powdered sugar
Mix together butter and sugar, add egg and molasses. Add dry ingredients. Chill 15 minutes. Roll into walnut size ball and roll in powdered sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Makes 24 cookies.
I had taken my hair and makeup stuff to our front room to finish getting ready so Annah and Jeremy could have the bathroom for showers. We had an extra hour this morning, so once the kids were all ready to go, they just picked up instruments and tried to find songs they could sight read together! Jeremy and I were totally loving that.
The open house started at 10am. Annah helped with childcare. They watched Veggie Tales Christmas movies, made popsicle stick reindeer, and had all kinds of fun.
Jeremy greeted people at the front door and visited with them in the foyer during the 4 hours.
There were all kinds of yummy foods prepared by the church staff members, and Kim made the foyer look even more beautiful than usual!
There was hot coffee, hot chocolate, peppermint slush, and mocha slush.
I had the privilege of playing piano in the sanctuary during family communion with the pastors.
The open house was just wonderful and beautiful. I love our church family so much!
After some tear-down, the church staff families had our Christmas party at Medici in Uptown Normal. We exchanged cards, ate more fabulous food, prayed and laughed together, took communion together, and played a crazy dice game called Tenzi that pastor Todd gave us.
So many beautiful moments in one day! Thank you, Jesus.


No comments:
Post a Comment