The girls had to be dropped off to rehearsal with sack suppers by 4:45 this afternoon, so we met Jeremy at work so he could drive us over to ISU. Just about the time we all got into one car the snow started falling. We dropped the girls off and put the car in a parking garage. Then Jeremy, Caeden and I enjoyed Uptown Normal for a couple hours while the girls were at String Project rehearsal.
We ate supper at Windy City Weiners, where Caeden was pretty pumped about the "double dog" he ordered! Jeremy had chili dogs, and I was the odd one who ordered gyros.
The view out the window where Caeden sat was really pretty and Christmas-y with the lights and falling snow!
Uptown Normal is just a really neat place to be. I had to snap a couple pics of daddy and son in the snow. And I love that another daddy and son were walking along as I was taking this one!
Love my guys!!!
We planned to hit up Emack and Bolio's Gourmet Ice Cream, but it was closed. So we stopped in at The Coffeehouse for hot chocolate and chai instead--more appropriate anyway, in the cold weather.
What a seriously beautiful evening!
The Circle is beautiful at all times of year.
In the summer, the fountain is just lovely, but tonight in winter it was lovely in a different way!
Caeden took a couple pictures of Jeremy and me with my phone--which I don't think he'd ever used for pictures before.
So very grateful for these moments.
As we were walking to the Center for Performing Arts, Caeden started moonwalking in the snow and then spinning around in it. (Jeremy may have joined in too.)
Really really really, even though we are a little "concerted out" after this week, I can't help enjoying moments like these! They are like glimpses of heaven to me.










No comments:
Post a Comment