Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day

Merry, merry!  It's Christmas Day!  I can't thank Jesus enough for leaving heaven to become human and die to save my sin-sick soul!  And, I can't thank him enough for the wonder, joy, peace, and happiness that come with celebrating His birth and having a special day at home with my family!
The Lord woke me up at 6:30 this morning, just 5 hours after I'd fallen asleep! 


I enjoyed some quiet time with him and The Christ of Christmas:Readings for Advent; 31 Days of Devotions book, some coffee, and the glow of the Christmas tree.  Then I started the wassail in the crockpot, made both blueberry and chocolate chip pancake squares, and washed dishes while waiting for everyone else to wake.



Caeden was the next to get up.  I found him sitting up in our bed talking to Jeremy.  When we went in his room, I noticed this and asked him what was going on here...He said he'd stood on his bed and placed those socks up there; they are his "emergency socks."  I'm not sure how they're easier to get in an urgent sock situation, but it did make me chuckle.

We actually started breakfast without Sylvia, since she was feeling a great need for more sleep and our pancake squares were getting cold.  She needs her beauty rest, and came down after a few minutes and ate with us.

Finally, around 8:30, we gathered in the living room to hear Jeremy read 


We always start with the stockings.


Then the kids opened their presents from each other.  









Sylvia received a rubber band loom and thousands of bands to make bracelets and such.

Caeden received a Star Wars/Clone Wars AT-RT Walker Lego Set.

Annah received a Taste of Home Recipes Across America cookbook.  It's pretty cool--the recipes are grouped by regions of the country where they are most commonly made.



Sylvia received a new sleeping bag, as she outgrew hers in the last year.

Annah received a jewelry organizer.

Sylvia made Jeremy a beautiful glass ornament at school.

Caeden made book marks for Jeremy and me at school.  They are laminated and have acrostics of our names.  Very, very sweet.

Games and DVD's for our man!

I made a big Christmas dinner of filet mignon, salad, wild rice, wassail carrots, green beans, and cranberry sauce.  After we cleaned up lunch, we relaxed the rest of the day.

It didn't take long for Caeden to put the AT-RT Walker together.

Caeden also received a huge Lego Star Wars set of Jabba's Sail Barge.  Annah helped him put it together, and it's even cooler than we expected!

The sides open, the cannon shoots, the sails move, and the top comes off.  Plus it comes with a big slobby Jabba-the-Hutt, Princess Leia (in her gold bikini), Max Rebo, Weequay, and Ree-Yees.  This is a set Caeden will probably leave put together and play with a lot! 

Sylvie quickly started making bracelets with her loom.

And she and I played a couple games with her new Kerplunk!

It was pretty messy around here this afternoon.

We called all the grandparents to share Christmas blessings, then watched a couple movies to end the night.  Sylvia had asked for and received Miracle at Midnight, which is a true story of how a danish family saved thousands of Jews from Nazi concentration camps.  After that we watched Jeremy's dvd of National Treasure...always a fun movie.

It was a peaceful day full of love.  So blessed, so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment