Friday, September 20, 2013

Just fine without me


I am sick this week.  It started with a runny nose on Wednesday.  Jeremy sent me to bed early after some NyQuil.  

Thursday morning I sort of woke up at 5:45 and made my way downstairs to the recliner, but I was completely out of it.  I felt so horrible and couldn't function.  I was vaguely aware that the girls' alarm went off and they started moving around upstairs getting ready for school.  At one point, Sylvia walked by me and I asked her to wake up Caeden.  I also remember opening my eyes once and seeing her sitting on the couch doing cross stitch.  I think I managed to mumble, "I love you." as they went out the door, but otherwise I was near comatose until about 9:45 a.m.  Even after a shower I spent most of the day either in the chair or in bed resting.

Today, I'm feeling quite a bit better.  Definitely not 100%, but well enough to communicate.  As the kids were having breakfast, Caeden told me that yesterday he packed himself a peanut butter and chocolate syrup sandwich for lunch.  

I've enjoyed that little confession all day.  I'm glad to know they got along just fine without me.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment