Sunday, April 14, 2013

Struggling with God's Plan

Sometimes, a girl needs some ice cream to get her mind off things.
The time has come for my dear, sweet Sylvie girl to learn about "the facts of life," poor girl.  
At our public school, this is taught at the beginning of 5th grade. A local church has a wonderful seminar each Spring which presents this information from a distinctly christian perspective, and I wanted Sylvia to get to experience this seminar (which includes God's plan) before getting the information (which does not include God's plan) at school next Fall.  So, I sat down with her a few nights ago with a wonderful book and started to explain some things.  She did not take it well, and doesn't want to think about such things.  
Today we attended the first session of the "Your Body, God's Plan" seminar, and she did not like it one bit.  As we talked some more in the car after the seminar, she continued to struggle with not wanting anything to do with this part of God's plan.  (Boy, was I relieved to tell her that what she is learning about is not part of God's plan for her right now!!)  
We decided that ice cream was needed immediately to get her mind off the subject for a while.  She chose a strawberry cheesecake treat that was just the right thing.


"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth." - Psalm 139:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment