This evening, I took the kids to see our high school's production of Aida. Strangely enough, I'd never seen the show on stage, and knew very little about it. (I knew it was by Elton John, and that Heather Headley had created the title role on Broadway, but beyond that I was a total Aida newbie.)
I have to say that it was well done. Definitely the best production I've seen at RHS, and it makes me so happy to see the progress of the music department each year. I loved that they had 33 kids involved and were able to have a chorus for the first time. And, there was no cringe-causing singing! The 5 leads (2 seniors, 2 juniors, and a very talented freshman) all did very well with their singing, which I was so glad to hear/see!
The girls really enjoyed the show, and Caeden was antsy as usual. It is a complicated story line, so he was pretty lost throughout. But, it was a fun show, and I'm proud of all the kids involved.

No comments:
Post a Comment