This afternoon was pretty hectic. Our septic line was clogged all weekend, and the plumbers arrived at 3:30 today, right when the kids were getting home from school. Jeremy arrived a while later to take over trying to explain our septic/plumbing problems to the plumbers, and I took the girls to rehearsal and went to small group. I nearly forgot to pick the girls up; I was so into our group discussion about Jesus and how we are obeying His leading to bless others each week. The girls were standing outside in the rain waiting for me for about 10 minutes, probably! Bad mommy.
This is how we found the guys when we got home, though. Good daddy. He had taken Caeden to supper while running plumbing-related errands, treated him to a milkshake, and was making time to play a game with him when I know he had a hundred other things on his to-do list running through his mind. I'm often in awe of the way Jeremy is consciously present with our kids, making sure they know he values them.
"As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him." - Psalm 103:13

No comments:
Post a Comment