Sunday, February 3, 2013

Vision Sunday

It's been quite a week around here.  We'll just say that Pastor Todd has been "under the weather" this week, and wasn't able to be with us for Vision Sunday today.  At first, it seemed odd that we wouldn't have the man who actually had the vision and led us in making it happen there with us to present it, but then Todd reminded me that it wasn't just him who had the vision--it was all of us on the launch team.

So, God was really with us and helping us all today.  This morning, when I had some quiet time with Him in His word, He led me to one of my very favorite chapters of the Bible--Phillipians 4.  Ahhh, I could soak there for years!!  Oh, the reminders there...to rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS...to let my gentleness be evident to all (forever one of my most convicting verses)...to not be anxious but instead to pray and be thankful (one of my most healing verses)...the reminder that God will give us peace even when it doesn't make sense and guard our hearts and minds!!  The reminder about what things to think about is always good--the whatevers that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, praiseworthy...yes!  This is always comforting!  For me, these scriptures right here have changed my entire outlook on life.  I love them and the God who gave them!

Those verses I have clung to and read and re-read so many times over the years.  But verse 9, "Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." I had never really thought much of until today.  It is Paul speaking to the early church at Phillipi, reminding them that they knew what to do even when he wasn't with them. He was assuring them, "Hey, I've taught you about Jesus. I've modeled how to live a Christian life. I've showed you how to tell others about Jesus. I'm not going to be around forever, but it's okay because you know what to do. So do it!"  

That was a great assurance to me this morning, as God led us through Vision Sunday.  It was a wonderful service!  The Holy Spirit was with us, worship was powerful, we found strength in gathering with our family of believers!

(Here is the worship band, practicing at 8:30 this morning. We had a great time of worship!)

In PoC Kidz, they do a "Mission Impossible" theme on Vision Sundays...lots of fun.


God is good all the time.  All the time God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment