Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"FLY" VBS

Our neighbor, Evie, invited the kids to VBS at the little Christian Church here in our village.  It is every evening this week from 6:00-8:30, and they are having a ball!

Last night they came home with these list plastic containers (They're like film canisters, but the kids don't understand what those were!) and effervescent denture cleaning tablets.  You put a tablet in, pour a couple teaspoons of hot water on it, put the cap on, and put it upside down on the ground.  After about a minute or two, the cup shoots straight up in the air like a rocket!  We probably played with them for an hour this morning.  They went along with their lesson to be so filled with God's love that joy bursts out of you!


Tonight, we had some spaghetti squash and ravioli with meat sauce for supper.  We are still wondering at what age boys are supposed to be able to eat without being completely covered in their food?!

I walked over to pick the kids up after VBS, and got there a few minutes early so I could see what they were up to...

They were singing one of their theme songs for the week, "I'll Fly Away!"  The kids didn't believe it when I told them that it's an old hymn--until I came home and played it on the piano for them out of one of Great Grandma McEowen's old hymn books! ;)


The VBS theme is FLY -- Everything is possible with God.  The kids are having tons of fun this week.  Our neighbor told me that besides our kids and 2 other kids, NONE of the kids/families attending this week go to church regularly.  I am praying that God will draw all of the kids close to Jesus this week, and that lives will be changed in our neighborhood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment