It's Father's Day! The kids gave Jeremy some gifts to let him know they love and appreciate him.
They gave him a shirt that says "I've made my resolution." It's one of the Courageous resources, and has the Joshua 24:15 scripture, "But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." on the back. They also gave him the Courageous desktop calendar for his desk at work.
Annah built him a LEGO "Dad."
Sylvia made the cutest card from an idea she saw in Highlights magazine. It's a grill with brats, burgers and corn on the cob, and inside it says, "Well done job being my Dad. Have a smoking' hot Father's Day." She made it completely on her own, and it is so cute!!!
We had a relaxing morning at home, and I made a big breakfast of blueberry pancakes, eggs over easy, and W&W Locker bacon. Then we actually watched Courageous. It's such an inspiring movie for fathers and families.
This evening at church, Pastor Brian preached part of our sermon series called "Love Looks Like Something." He presented The Parable of the Lost Son (or, as most people know it, the Prodigal Son) from the point of view of the father. It really made me think about how my own dad reacted to me at a time where I had gone astray and then came home to tell him of my sin. He did not hesitate for one moment to let me know I was still his daughter and still loved by him. His immediate and instant reaction was to tell me he was not disappointed in me, or upset with me. His reaction at that moment was surely like that of my Heavenly Father, and the impact it has had on the rest of my life is immeasurable. I am so grateful for my dad.
I'm so grateful for my loving Heavenly Father, my Abba-daddy, who has worked out better plans for me than I ever had for myself. His ways are higher than our ways, and the plans that He has made are good and true. I praise Him and thank Him for his unconditional, unswerving love for me!
I'm so grateful for the man God has given me to be a wonderful father to our children. He understands his calling as a father and works diligently and intently to live it out. He sacrifices for me and our babies all the time. He works hard to provide for us. He gives his time, his love, his wisdom. He strives to serve the Lord in all he does, and teach our children to do the same.
I am grateful for all the fathers in my life this Father's Day!





No comments:
Post a Comment