The senior citizens and parents in our church gathered around the school kids today during the service to pray over them and their backpacks and their schoolyear. I think this is a great tradition (2008 BotB, 2007 BotB) in our church, as the kids are given a reminder that Jesus is always with them--even at school! I pray over my kids every morning before school, that they would be a blessing and an example and shine their lights for Jesus at school, and the Blessing of the Backpacks is a great reinforcement! I always get teary to see the kids gathered in with their backpacks and the adults praying over them and with them!
.jpg)
Ellen praying with Caeden
.jpg)
Troy praying with Sylvia
.jpg)
Jeremy praying with Annah
.jpg)
God bless our kids this school year!
.jpg)
Ellen praying with Caeden
.jpg)
Troy praying with Sylvia
.jpg)
Jeremy praying with Annah
.jpg)
God bless our kids this school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment