Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to pre-K 2009!

Today was the big day for Caeden! He was so excited he couldn't stand still!

No hesitation or nerves whatsoever for this big boy! Let's go to SCHOOL!



Daddy came home from work for a few minutes just to see Caeden, pray over him, and watch him get on the bus.



This is much easier this time around!



Caeden ran right up the steps of the bus, so, so excited! I think he waved to us out the window.



The school transportation coordinator called me a couple weeks ago and said that Caeden was the only afternoon pre-K student in Arrowsmith this year, and while the school would bring the pre-K bus to Arrowsmith for him, she wondered if it would be okay for him to ride home on the BIG bus with his sisters (and all of the other big kids, all the way up to high schoolers!). Since we know what an excellent bus driver Vickie is, and what kind of a "ship" she runs, we knew Caeden would be just fine on the big bus, sitting with his sisters, having a much shorter ride, and getting home earlier. So, he is riding the BIG school bus home from school every day now! He and his sisters were all very excited when I told them that!

I have to admit it's kind of neat to see all my kids getting off the bus together. Annah went before Caeden and held his hand until they got to me on the sidewalk. They were all 3 grinning, and reported that the bus ride and school were "GREAT!!!" today.


As all the kids were getting off the bus, one of my piano students came up and chatted with me and Caeden took off running towards the house with out the rest of us. He ran in the house and said, "I have to go potty, really, really bad!" I used to do the same thing when I'd get home from school...Who has time to go at school when there's so much excitement?


Seriously, we are so blessed to be in the wonderful school we are in. We knew nothing about it when we moved here, and I'm so thankful for the district we just "ended up" being part of. It is HUGE that our kids love school, we love the school, the teachers, the administration...Thank you Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment