My Grandma McEowen passed away this week. I'm still unable to sort out my thoughts and emotions completely, at least as far as to record them here. It wasn't the week were expecting to have, but there was good in the midst of the very difficult.<--(Grandma on her 90th birthday, May 31, 2008)
It was good that she passed peacefully in her sleep after struggling and dealing with pain for such a long time. It was good that almost all of the extended family, including those from other states, was already gathered together, and were able to spend the week together holding each other up.
It is good that Grandma is now in Heaven with Jesus, reunited with a husband she missed for 32 earthly years, free of pain, full of joy, and happy for all eternity.
I personally don't believe that people "look down" from heaven to earth once they have passed on (Why would they want to, once there are THERE!?), but I do think if she had, she would have been pleased with her funeral service. It was a beautiful remembrance of some wonderful moments of her life. She liked things to be "just right," and I think it was pretty close. I was honored to be part of it, just as I am honored to share a love for music and a faith that she helped pass on to me. What a blessing to have grown up living next door to my grandma, seeing her daily, having her such a part of my life! I can't wait to see her again someday soon.

Grandma's Obituary at Sheets & Childs site
Grandma's Obituary in the Ft. Wayne paper
<--- Grandma on her wedding day
1 comment:
Taryn, Sorry to hear about your loss. Your grandma was beautiful in her wedding photo.
It's always sad when you lose a grandparent.
Hugs!
Post a Comment