It's been a busy week for us, I guess. Maybe I should go bullet-point-style...
- Top of our hearts this week has been Jeremy's Uncle Lee. He had a stroke, and upon having an MRI afterwards, a softball-size tumor was found in his brain. He had surgery Thursday, but the tumor has "fingers" into his brain, and not all of it could be removed. We've not received a lot more information, but know that the surgeon apologized to the family present that he wasn't able to do more. They are expecting more paralysis (besides what he has from the stroke) from the surgery, and will be discussing radiation and chemotherapy treatment. Family is visiting him from all over the country and world, and we are hoping to go soon as well. And we pray for his comfort and healing.
- Sylvia and Caeden have taken turns being sick this week. Sylvia missed 1 1/2 days of school with fever and yucky spots on her throat. We thought it was strep, but it's not. It may be Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease. Caeden came down with it yesterday, but Sylvie is doing much better.
- My Swimmer's Ear is nearly gone now, thank the Lord! How painful. I still can't hear well though, and am really hoping that will come back soon!
- Yesterday I spent the morning with a friend who has lived in this area for a much shorter time than we have. I was asking her about places in the area I've never been to, and she had been to all of them. It made me think about how I need to take advantage of all the great places and opportunities near us, and especially expose the kids to them. Our governor is trying to shut down many of the state parks and historical sites in Illinois, and I need to support them and help that not to happen. So, I am beginning a list of places I want to go. Here's the start:
- Homeschooling with Caeden is going well. He loves it, and is already learning a lot. The first 2 weeks we learned about the fact that God created the heavens and the earth, and talked a lot about the Trinity. This week we are learning about how God created light.
No comments:
Post a Comment