The days of our lives in the Lopshire house are not full of the kind of drama you'd see on a soap opera, but we have our own little kinds of drama...thankfully, so minor in comparison to much of the rest of the world.
Since we live 20+ miles from the nearest city, we limit our trips as much as possible. It's usually 2 weeks or more between my grocery shopping trips. This week, our 'fridge was pret-ty bare...as in we were down to pretty much just condiments. And, our cupboards were lookin' pretty sparse. And not much was left in our freezer either. Not saying that to say we are needy...just that a trip to the store could not be put off any longer! So, today was payday, and Caeden and I were off to the store...
I always pack my cart very strategically as I shop...canned goods on the bottom of the cart, boxes at the end, packed on top of one another, paper products underneath...etc. Today, my cart was packed so full, I couldn't have fit one more thing in. We had to buy laundry and dish detergents, hair products, paper towels, TP, napkins and Pull-Ups...plus a LOT of food, AND a new set of sheets for Jeremy's and my bed because ours got a huge rip in it this week. I was afraid to see the total show up as I re-packed the cart in check-out. It came to $363.61, whew!
No, I don't spend that much every 2 weeks. And, I also didn't buy a single thing that I just "wanted." That should last us longer than 2 weeks. But, I had to commemorate the way that I have to shop these days, and took a couple photos when I got home...
Caeden wanted to be in there with all those groceries... He's my little shopping buddy. (He usually really hates going to the store, but today he was so good he got to pick out a Hot Wheels care in the check-out lane.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight we had about an hour of constant drama with Annah and her latest loose tooth. When she first started to pull loose teeth it was fun and exciting. Now, it is loud, screaming, scary, insanity. Seriously. And, I remember being exactly this same way when I was a kid. I know my mom has a photo like the first one below of me...almost identical.
I'd been trying to get her to pull this tooth for at least 3 weeks. Tonight, Jeremy discovered that the adult tooth was already partially in behind the baby tooth, and he decided the baby tooth was coming out NOW! Annah tried pulling....I tried pulling...she screamed and wailed and cried...And, after an hour of intense drama she finally let Daddy try pulling--and it came out! Whew! Thank the Lord!

She was so relieved! The Tooth Fairy brought her $2 in quarters! She decided to put $1 in her Alabaster box. Now, she is happy she can chew with her front teeth! Who knew pulling teeth could be such a huge deal? (Okay, I did!)

Since we live 20+ miles from the nearest city, we limit our trips as much as possible. It's usually 2 weeks or more between my grocery shopping trips. This week, our 'fridge was pret-ty bare...as in we were down to pretty much just condiments. And, our cupboards were lookin' pretty sparse. And not much was left in our freezer either. Not saying that to say we are needy...just that a trip to the store could not be put off any longer! So, today was payday, and Caeden and I were off to the store...
I always pack my cart very strategically as I shop...canned goods on the bottom of the cart, boxes at the end, packed on top of one another, paper products underneath...etc. Today, my cart was packed so full, I couldn't have fit one more thing in. We had to buy laundry and dish detergents, hair products, paper towels, TP, napkins and Pull-Ups...plus a LOT of food, AND a new set of sheets for Jeremy's and my bed because ours got a huge rip in it this week. I was afraid to see the total show up as I re-packed the cart in check-out. It came to $363.61, whew!
No, I don't spend that much every 2 weeks. And, I also didn't buy a single thing that I just "wanted." That should last us longer than 2 weeks. But, I had to commemorate the way that I have to shop these days, and took a couple photos when I got home...
Caeden wanted to be in there with all those groceries... He's my little shopping buddy. (He usually really hates going to the store, but today he was so good he got to pick out a Hot Wheels care in the check-out lane.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight we had about an hour of constant drama with Annah and her latest loose tooth. When she first started to pull loose teeth it was fun and exciting. Now, it is loud, screaming, scary, insanity. Seriously. And, I remember being exactly this same way when I was a kid. I know my mom has a photo like the first one below of me...almost identical.
I'd been trying to get her to pull this tooth for at least 3 weeks. Tonight, Jeremy discovered that the adult tooth was already partially in behind the baby tooth, and he decided the baby tooth was coming out NOW! Annah tried pulling....I tried pulling...she screamed and wailed and cried...And, after an hour of intense drama she finally let Daddy try pulling--and it came out! Whew! Thank the Lord!

She was so relieved! The Tooth Fairy brought her $2 in quarters! She decided to put $1 in her Alabaster box. Now, she is happy she can chew with her front teeth! Who knew pulling teeth could be such a huge deal? (Okay, I did!)

No comments:
Post a Comment