Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Drying Out!

I am thanking God this morning! Most all the water is gone (except for a few little puddles here and there), and all the appliances are working! My wonderful husband and our great friend [Pastor] Todd worked until about 9:00 last night to get all the water out with pumps, shop-vacs, and squeegees. They were able to get the furnace and hot water heater lit (THANK YOU, LORD!!!!!), so we have heat and hot water and I am washing laundry and doing dishes now.

The kids and I stayed in at the Kellers last night, because we didn't know if the furnace would be running to keep us warm. We are so grateful to all our friends in our LifeGroup for offering help and shelter; we feel so loved!

There is still a lot of standing water in Illinois and Indiana, and we know several who have been affected. We are so thankful we were able to remove the water quickly, and salvage the appliances, and especially glad our basement isn't a finished one!

1 comment:

Nurse Niki said...

Oh Taryn, What a mess! I am sooo sorry that you guys had to deal with this! Thank you GOD for wonderful friends to help you! Your all are in my prayers! Love, Niki

Post a Comment