It was a complete honor and pleasure for me to be part of
Carol of the Pianos today at our church. Lisa and I had so much fun planning and practicing for the service, and were just overjoyed with how God brought it all together! Lisa found a great script that helped us decide the service order and which songs to play, and Carrie did a fantastic job reading the nativity story. Chris H. chose perfect photos for the slides, Chris D. worked hard to get the mics and sound all in order, and Missy pointed me towards where to find Christmas duet and 2-piano music (which is pretty hard to come by, actually!). And, Pastor Todd had the vision for the whole thing in the first place. It really is a pretty rare opportunity to get to play a concert on 2 grand pianos, and I am amazed and so grateful to have had the chance, and especially with someone as talented as Lisa! She and I have a lot in common personally
and musically, and I'm so thankful for her friendship! It was a JOY!!!

We were
supposed to practice at the church all day yesterday, but we had such terrible weather! The roads were covered with a sheet of ice! It took me 45 minutes to get home from the church, and Lisa basically couldn't make it out of her driveway! So, we were pretty stressed about not having that dress rehearsal time. But we managed to get both of us (WITH our families in tow!) to the church by 7:45 yesterday morning and practice before first service started. That really eased our nerves and then we were just excited!
SO! The concert/service went really well! It was so cool to have the two grand pianos on stage! There was a good crowd too, and we had lots of very encouraging comments and compliments. I was a little nervous what the response would be. But, people seemed to love it--or at least that's how they acted. ;)
We did sing on one piece--
O, Holy Night--during communion.

Thanks Chris (Lisa's husband) for the photos!!
1 comment:
There better be a video! I can't wait to see it and hear it! You are absolutely so super talented. You and my mom are the best pianists that I know (and love!)!
E
Post a Comment