Saturday, December 15, 2007

konked camera

No new pictures from this week to put up. Our camera apparently konked out again. It's been known to "come back to life" though, so I'm holding out hope...

Annah was part of the Ridgeview Elementary school Christmas program this week. I tried to take photos and video, but...digi cam konked, AND the upper-elementary kids sitting behind us were SO loud that we couldn't even hear the kids on stage! (We were seriously frustrated that our 3-year-old son was behaving better than 4th and 5th graders!) Anyhoo...not to complain...we have little record of the 1st grade performance.

We're having snow today!! And, we're liking it much better than the past 2 weekends' ice storms! We all five went out and played in it for a while this afternoon! This is the kind of snow to play in--right around 32 degrees, no wind, softly falling flakes...so beautiful!

We've also been making paper snowflakes this weekend, which we hung on the front door. I love how excited the kids get over opening them up to see what they look like! Simple, wonderful fun!

I'm making some Christmas goodies this weekend! Tomorrow evening is Cookies & Carols at church, and I made Cherry Cornmeal Cookies for that--a new recipe for me. I'm planning to make Grandma McEowen's Apricot Coconut Balls (my FAVORITE Christmas recipe!!), and Amish Caramels, and some Buckeyes for our LifeGroup Christmas party on Monday night. I would really love to make some Snowball/Mexican Wedding Cookies and some Fruitcake (yep, we love it!), but don't know if I'll get to those before Christmas. And, the kids are excited that Jeremy is planning to make his traditional Candy Cane Cookies! Yum!

I have to say I'm truly enjoying the Christmas season this year. I have tried hard to choose the most meaningful and favorite activities to participate in, and cherish each of them. I don't want it to be a stressful season!

Tomorrow morning Sylvia will be a candle in the preschool class Christmas program at church. Her line at the end is, "We worship and adore Him. Won't you join us today?" It is a cute little program with a great message, which the kids understand!

Everyone in the Lopshire house is excited about Christmas! I'm so thankful for this time of year that helps us count our blessings!

Most of you all who are reading this will be receiving our Christmas card, either in digital or paper form. I had fun creating the card, and it was about the 3rd or 4th version of the ones I created. So thought I'd share one of the other unfinished ones with you all. With much love from our house to yours...

(click for larger view)

1 comment:

Mel said...

Don't suppose I could get you to share the coconut/apricot ball & cornmeal cherry cookie recipes, could I?

I've always loved the apricot ones as well, and Mom just sent me a big bag of dried cherries.

Thanks!

Post a Comment