Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day & Anniversary!

What a gorgeous day we had today! Here's a photo Jeremy took of the kids and me when we got home from church. (Yes, I have gained weight--10 pounds last month because of taking 2 rounds of Prednisone for my allergic reaction. Ugh! But, I am NOT pregnant.) Anyway...

We went to Homecoming service this morning, because I was asked to share a special mother's testimony. I was pleased to do so, but nervous! I told everyone I would rather sing a song, because it's easier when you don't have to use your own words! But, I was glad to share about how, even though I never planned to be a mother and was scared when I learned I would be, I'm so glad the Lord blessed me {through my ignorance!} and changed my heart! I LOVE being a mother, and can't imagine a more honorable privilege! And, on top of that, I'm so thankful I get to do it for my full-time "job!"

Today is also Jeremy's & my 7th wedding anniversary! Yes, the 7 years have flown by, and I feel so blessed that we have a happy, healthy, fun (most of the time!) marriage. We don't feel that "7-year Itch." It has been about 16 years since we met, which means we have known each other about half our lives. I knew I was in love with Jeremy a couple months after we started "going together," and I remember praying to ask the Lord to make him my husband someday. Isn't that a scary prayer for a 15-year-old to be praying?!?! Yikes!! What was I thinking?! But, I consider it a blessing that we practically grew up together, and have been able to share so much of our lives with each other!

Jeremy has been working hard on the house this weekend. Of course, as he works he always discovers unbelievable unexpected situations that turn into more work, but he has replaced the downstairs bathroom window, and at this very moment is sitting in the open space where a new kitchen window will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment