Saturday, February 24, 2007

Fancy Date

We have been having a lot of fit-throwing around our house lately. So, we decided that the kids need some special one-on-one times with Mommy or Daddy. From time to time we like to plan dates with our kids. Today, Sylvia and I got to go on a date! Over the past week or so, I would ask her what she wanted to do on our date. Here were her suggestions:
  • Go to a hotel with a pool and a hot tub and spend the night.

  • Go someplace crafty and make crafty things.

  • Dress up fancy and go to a fancy restaurant.

  • Go to a game place and play games.

SO, here is what we did... (Can you believe I forgot the camera?!?! Grrr!)

We dressed up in nice clothes--which Sylvia enjoys, but I don't always care to do. I had a haircut appointment. Since Sylvia is all about the hair, she thought that was pretty cool. She sat and watched all the people getting their hair cut and styled and colored. She wore her fancy coat, and everywhere we went people smiled and stared and commented on it. She loved that!

Then we went to Hobby Lobby. I can't remember the last time Sylvia and I went to any store just the two of us. It was really fun. She wanted to touch and buy all of the pretty things, but also enjoyed just looking at everything. We picked out some papers, stickers, and supplies to make a scrapbook of about her favorite things at age 3. Can't wait to start on that with her!

For lunch, we dined at Biaggi's, which is the fanciest place I've been to in Bloomington. I think this was Sylvie's favorite part of our date. She tried to talk "fancy," and even ordered her Sprite and "pasghetti" and meatballs herself. She enjoyed coloring on the paper covering the tablecloth and helped me polish off a whole basket of that wonderful Biaggi's bread. She hummed and kicked her feet the whole time she ate. I could tell she was happy and having fun.

I tried to take some pics of us with my phone camera, but didn't have much luck...You can see my eye in the top right corner of the one. So, I just took one of Sis instead...

I'm so thankful for the wonderful opportunity to spend time with my precious daughter alone. We thoroughly enjoyed each other's company on our special date!

Back at home, Jeremy and Annah and Caeden watched Cars for the umpteenth time--still a treasured activity though. Then, he took them to the mall to watch a friend ride his bike in an indoor stationary race. He also took the kids to McD's and got them DQ ice cream! So, they were happy spending time with Daddy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment