Wednesday, February 21, 2007

a big gift

If you know me really, really well, you know I am not a [literally] neat person. I am a terrible housekeeper, and many of you would probably consider me a slob. It's very sad really, and I don't like that I'm this way. In fact, the mess of my house drives me crazy.

But, I have this weird glitch in my mind that makes me think it is actually more work to put things away right when I'm done with them or clean continually as I go around making/seeing messes. I know it's not true, yet I still can't get myself to do what I know I should. This is one of my ugly struggles.

Last night I was lamenting over the horror of our kitchen floor. I really hate mopping. It's a lot like how I feel about exercising, and you saw/can see my feelings about that a few posts back. Ugh. Hate it. Therefore, I do not do it very often. At all. Less than once a month, usually. (I know! Ew!) And, with 3 small children who frequently drop all kinds of food...you can imagine how disgusting it gets. Nasty; I know. So, during my lamenting (alright, it was really complaining) last night I was telling Jeremy that I really hate our kitchen floor and I think we should just make it a dirt floor!

When I and came downstairs this morning, the kitchen floor was clean! (I was unusually exhausted last night and went to bed at about 9:00. I have no idea when Jeremy came to bed or got up to leave this morning.) I don't know when he did it, but I consider it a wonderful gift from my dear husband! It may not seem like a big deal, but it surely is to me! Love that man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment