Hmmppphhh. We had a great morning. I got around everyone around and ready early; drove Annah to school as a little treat; got to Wal-Mart by 8:30; somehow managed to get a heaping cartful of groceries with two kids in tow without feeling like I was going to rip my hair out (Thank you Lord!); got home by 11:00; and was taking the groceries into the house in the 12 degree, 60 mph winds when...the back door literally flew off its hinges.
Yeah. For real. It's a new door too. I was even trying really hard not to let the wind catch it and bash it into the deck post, but noooooooo... I finished dragging the groceries into the house, got the kids in too, all while crying. I called Jeremy bawling and told him what happened, and he was pretty nonchalant. He wasn't upset, but he would have been if it had happened to him. The door has to be installed backwards because of the ridiculous slant of our goofy back porch, so he wasn't surprised it happened, really. The wind always catches the door.
The annoying thing was that it was wedged open in the doorway all day and letting in extra cold air. Jeremy was able to un-wedge it when he got home and put it back in the doorway space until it gets warmer. I guess I was just so upset because it seems like there is one thing after another with our house, and I get overwhelmed about it all. I need to remember to put things in perspective and thank the Lord for all that He has provided for us. SOMEday we may have all the projects finished too! Ain't it grand to be a homeowner?!
No comments:
Post a Comment